“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blast from my promenade past

Prom seems like a distant memory when I think about it. Mostly, I cringe when I remember my fashion choices on my junior prom. I was young and excited, so you would guess I totally went overboard. My gown was a bonanza of sequins and satin, and totally not me. My senior prom dress was better as I took the minimalist route. And yes, I still proudly wear that wonderful column of red and black to formal occasions. Timeless, indeed.

So, for the prom season, I was asked to write about how one can get more mileage out of that lovely (and often expensive) dress. Times are hard my friends so it's time to get thrifty. Read about it here.

Hack it.
Mari Mantaring

 Layer it.
Shey Collado

 Rework it.
Niki Francisco

Design it.
Leah Cruz

 Rock it.
Leesee Bayaborda

Transform it.
Zian Ceranilla

Some photos from the shoot:

My "older" girls: Niki, Shey and Mari in eye-popping lipstick shades

Looking haggard (yes, no makeup) with photographer Lally Eleazar

Mari and her true blue lips (She's Gijo's cousin!)

Leah working it for the camera with supportive Ate Jana as her "coach"

My talent manager, Janabeybz

Zian being coached by Ms. Lally

My "younger" girls (Leah, Leesee and Zian) with makeup artist Jinky Ureta and hair stylist Pilita Guadines

Still on the subject of prom, my friend invited me a few weeks back to the preview of Vania Romoff's prom collection for The Ramp.


The window cover was removed to showcase the "mannequins" - top ramp models including Jasmine Maierhoffer and Ria Bolivar



Lanie, Raquel, Vania, me and Royce before the show

The dresses are all tres chic but still perfect for formal occasions other than prom. The collection is fairly new as it just debuted last Feb. 12. So if your prom's already over and done with, shop for your graduation dress instead!

Obligatory outfit report:


Sheer polo: Poisonberry | Leopard print dress: H&M | Harness boots: Five by Five

Yes, it's nice to be back with a marathon post to boot!:))


For my prom shoot:

Photos by LALLY ELEAZAR of Lightshapers
Styling by LIANE REYES (yes, me!)
Makeup by JINKY URETA of Make Up For Ever Pro Team
Hair by PILITA GUADINES

2 comments:

  1. Great work Liane! Pa-style sa pre-nup ko ah! (Yehessss! XD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! When and Where is our next stop?:) -royce

    ReplyDelete